From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] sddm - any config to not advertise user names?
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2016 13:11:46
1 On Mon, Jul 18, 2016 at 6:00 AM, malc <mlashley@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > From man sddm.conf
4 > MinimumUid=
5 > Minimum user id of the users to be listed in the user
6 > interface. Default value is 1000.
7 > MaximumUid=
8 > Maximum user id of the users to be listed in the user
9 > interface. Default value is 60000
10 >
11 > Presume if you just set MinimumUid to some high value - you'd get the
12 > behaviour you desire.
15 This still won't give you a username prompt as far as I can tell. If
16 it works I'm all ears as this behavior drives me nuts (I want to list
17 a few non-contiguous users as most of my UIDs don't log in and I hate
18 having to scroll every time I do log in). I suspect that setting the
19 minimum UID to a large number would just prevent you from logging in
20 at all, but please let us know if it works.
25 Rich