From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Enabling debug info in Wine?
Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2008 05:06:26
1 Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net> posted pan.2008.03.08.01.15.10@×××.net,
2 excerpted below, on Sat, 08 Mar 2008 01:15:10 +0000:
3
4 > There's a big caveat here, however. AFAIK wine is 32-bit only. (??) If
5 > so, that means it and/or some of its libraries are likely to be binary-
6 > only 32-bit compatibility packages, if you are using a standard multilib
7 > profile. All these compiling options obviously aren't going to do a lot
8 > of good on binary-only stuff. You can of course go the 32-bit chroot
9 > route and thereby compile everything from source, but that's going to be
10 > an awful lot of work just to debug something if you aren't extremely
11 > motivated. OTOH, it DOES give you the opportunity to build the entire
12 > 32- bit side with -g if you want, without interfering with your 64-bit
13 > main system. This would be a blocker for many, but I'm not /sure/ wine
14 > is 32- bit only.
15
16 I just checked, wine does appear to be 32-bit only, as it's masked on my
17 no-multilib profile. I don't know if it's binary-only or if it's
18 actually built as 32-bit on multilib profiles, but it's certainly 32-bit
19 only, and therefore masked by the no-multilib profile. FWIW.
26 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
29 gentoo-amd64@l.g.o mailing list