From: Thomas Kear <thomas.kear@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] OT - Single frame capture from Xine
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 22:29:28
1 On Thu, 22 Feb 2007, Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > On 2/21/07, Hemmann, Volker Armin <volker.armin.hemmann@××××××××××××.de>
3 wrote:
4 > > On Mittwoch, 21. Februar 2007, Mark Knecht wrote:
5 > > > Hi,
6 > > > This is a bit off topic but does anyone know of an app in ortage
7 > > > that can do a screen capture if I've paused Xine? Alternatively, maybe
8 > > > a different video app that can play mpg & wmv files (MUST be both!) in
9 > > > AMD64 Gentoo, pause and then has a write to file feature in it for
10 > > > what's currently displayed?
11 > > >
12 > > > The only app like this on my system is xsnap and it just captures a
13 > > > blank area.
14 > > >
15 > > > I don't need smooth playback. I'll run any app up to the point I
16 > > > need, capture the frame, and then dismiss the app.
17 > >
18 > > you mean like pressing 't' in xine?
19 > > --
20 > >
21 > :-)
22 >
23 > I mean *exactly* like pressing 't' in xine! :-)
24 >
25 > ;-)
26 >
27 > Thanks!
28 >
29 > - Mark
30
31 It's worth noting the colour you saw isn't actually black, but likely #000001,
32 in either case meaning you have overlay video enabled. If you change the
33 video output driver in the "Video" tab in xine's setup ("xv" is a good
34 choice), you should be able to capture frames with any screen capture app.