From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: x11-drm-20051223 failure - `SPIN_LOCK_UNLOCKED' undeclared
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 11:51:56
Mark Knecht posted
<5bdc1c8b0601120833r15ed1c19p78cf746ed2395e80@××××××××××.com>, excerpted
below,  on Thu, 12 Jan 2006 08:33:59 -0800:

>> Builds fine here against suspend2-sources-2.6.15 > > Interesting kernel choice. I hadn't heard of it. Where does that one > come from? It's in portage I see. Is this a Gentoo developed kernel or > from some outside working group?
I believe suspend2-sources are the tree that the suspend2 author is releasing, so it's from outside Gentoo. However, as with all portage tree kernels save for vanilla- and now git-sources (which has just been added, as a daily updated release of the nightly snapshot of Linus' git tree, for to encourage more direct testing -- bugs to be filed upstream on the mainline kernel bug tracker, *NOT* on bugs.gentoo, for report turnaround speed in testing the nightly snapshots), the suspend2-sources include the standard set of Gentoo patches, I believe. One can of course take a look at the ebuild, and trace thru the inherited eclasses if necessary, to see what sources it uses and how. Or just run emerge --fetchonly to see what it downloads to $distdir, and/or just complete the ebuild and watch the output to see what it does and what it merges. (Kernel ebuilds don't actually compile the kernel, just install the sources, to allow user or genkernel configuration and compilation as desired.) -- Duncan - List replies preferred. No HTML msgs. "Every nonfree program has a lord, a master -- and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman in -- gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list