From: Mark Haney <mhaney@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] More ATi driver madness
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 23:08:46
1 On Tuesday 15 August 2006 14:33, Roman Zilka wrote:
2 >
3 > I use ati-drivers-8.27.10-r1. It's the lastest masked version - maybe only
4 > such recent aticonfig knows the option.
5 > Anyway, the appropriate xorg.conf line is:
6 >
7 > Option "MaxGARTSize" "128"
8 >
9 > (in the "Device" section).
10 >
11 > That reminds me - I use stable gentoo-sources and when trying to
12 > emerge the latest stable ati-drivers, the fglrx.ko
13 > module doesn't get correctly compiled.
14 > I.e. the emerge process won't fail and stop to emphasize a fatal error.
15 > Check if you can 'modprobe fglrx'. I only succeed with the latest masked
16 > ati-drivers.
17 >
18 > -Roman
19
20 Thanks for that, I appreciate it. As for the drivers loading, fglrx gets
21 loaded just fine, so I can't account for why you are having trouble. Without
22 the 'USEInternalAGPGart' set to no, X hangs about half way into loading KDE.
23 I hope adding the above option will fix that and make the screen work like it
24 should.
27 Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt.
28
29 Mark Haney
30 Sr. Systems Administrator
31 ERC Broadband