From: Roman Zilka <rzilka@××××.cz>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] More ATi driver madness
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 18:36:39
1 > > I don't have that xorg.conf within reach now, but aticonfig's
2 > > --max-gart-size=NUMBER parameter governs over the respective
3 > > xorg.conf option. Try 32, 64, 128, 256 or nothing at all. Experimenting
4 > > with Option "UseInternalAGPGART" "yes" # or "no"
5 > > in combination with various GART sizes might also be worth the time spent.
6 > > My X works with GART size 128 and the UseInternalAGPGART option omitted.
7 > >
8 > > -Roman
9 >
10 > Here's what I get when I run aticonfig with that command:
11 >
12 > aticonfig: unrecognized option `--max-gart-size=128'
13 > aticonfig: parsing the command-line failed.
14 >
15 > AFAIK, I have the latest drivers, I just updated them last week. Any ideas?
18 I use ati-drivers-8.27.10-r1. It's the lastest masked version - maybe only
19 such recent aticonfig knows the option.
20 Anyway, the appropriate xorg.conf line is:
21
22 Option "MaxGARTSize" "128"
23
24 (in the "Device" section).
25
26 That reminds me - I use stable gentoo-sources and when trying to
27 emerge the latest stable ati-drivers, the fglrx.ko
28 module doesn't get correctly compiled.
29 I.e. the emerge process won't fail and stop to emphasize a fatal error.
30 Check if you can 'modprobe fglrx'. I only succeed with the latest masked
31 ati-drivers.
32
33 -Roman
34 --