From: Mark Haney <mhaney@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] More ATi driver madness
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 11:43:41
1 On Tuesday 15 August 2006 14:33, Roman Zilka wrote:
4 > I use ati-drivers-8.27.10-r1. It's the lastest masked version - maybe only
5 > such recent aticonfig knows the option.
6 > Anyway, the appropriate xorg.conf line is:
7 >
8 > Option "MaxGARTSize" "128"
9 >
10 > (in the "Device" section).
11 >
12 > That reminds me - I use stable gentoo-sources and when trying to
13 > emerge the latest stable ati-drivers, the fglrx.ko
14 > module doesn't get correctly compiled.
15 > I.e. the emerge process won't fail and stop to emphasize a fatal error.
16 > Check if you can 'modprobe fglrx'. I only succeed with the latest masked
17 > ati-drivers.
18 >
19 > -Roman
20
21 I tried the config option, it didn't work. I'm really frustrated at the
22 moment, so I think I'll leave it alone for a while. What I don't get is why
23 the same set of configuration options works just fine in Kubuntu and not in
24 Gentoo. Go figure.
28 Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt.
29
30 Mark Haney
31 Sr. Systems Administrator
32 ERC Broadband