From: "Hemmann
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: RAM problem with X
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2006 15:35:33
1 On Sunday 26 November 2006 15:15, Duncan wrote:
6 > So... a couple things that could help, if that is the problem.... One,
7 > get that extension that turns flash embeds into click-links, thereby
8 > avoiding it running unnecessarily. (I'm a Konqueror fan so don't expect
9 > me to remember the name of the FF extension...) Two, shut down FF when
10 > you aren't using it.
11 >
12 > Of course, I'd /rather/ you simply decided proprietaryware flash wasn't
13 > worth it, but it's your computer and your decision, and not one that I'd
14 > make for you even if I could, as what sort of freedom would I believe in
15 > then. =8^)
16
17 you can always try mplayer-bin&kmplayer to play (at least older) flash movies
18 in konqueror.
19 --
20 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list