From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: upgrade an old system
Date: Wed, 06 May 2009 17:26:10
1 Josh Sled <jsled@××××××××××××.org> posted
2 871vr2z3qb.fsf@××××××××××××××××××××.org, excerpted below, on Wed, 06 May
3 2009 10:49:00 -0400:
4
5 > I have tmpfs setup with no limit on a 3GB (4GB, really, but it's x86)
6 > no-swap system, and it works very well; OpenOffice and xulrunner-1.9
7 > being the only things I can recall that won't build in that config.
8
9 Good to get confirmation it works well, but as I mention in the loongg
10 post I just made, the default limit for tmpfs is half of physical RAM.
11 Thus, the limit on that one would be 1.5 GB.
12
13 Which is really even more useful to know, that open-office and xulrunner
14 are the only things you had trouble compiling in a 1.5 gig tmpfs.
19 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman