From: Branko Badrljica <brankob@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Self created initramfs cannot work
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2009 02:11:11
1 David Shen wrote:
2
3 <SNIP>
4 > But when I try to boot my system, I got kernel panic, and it says it
5 > cannot find the init script. If I remove the 'initrd' instruction from
6 > the grub.conf file, the error message does different, which means the
7 > system WAS trying to process the initramfs. But I do not know why it
8 > cannot find the init script.
9 >
10 > I modified the initramfs that the genkernel generated before, and the
11 > system works fine after that. But I never created a initramfs from
12 > scratch before
13 >
14 I think kernel by default searches for /sbin/init.
15
16 Have you tried with init=/init within kernel command line ?