From: Daniel Gryniewicz <dang@g.o>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] kernel.org vs. Gentoo-64 bit kernels (xruns)
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 14:35:08
1 On Tue, 2005-09-20 at 09:58 -0400, Billy Holmes wrote:
2 > Mark Knecht wrote:
3 > > Thanks. Yes, I've run ck-sources a few times in the past but not had
4 >
5 > when you run with ck-sources, others have found it's best to use
6 > SCHED_ISO rather than SCHED_NORM (ck was patched with ISO support) -
7 > which is like real time scheduling for users processes. From what I hear
8 > it's easier to setup than the rt limits stuff (ie. it's automatic).
9
10 Much more important is to run emerge as SCHED_BATCH. I do this, and it
11 keeps emerge for effecting my interactivity (including skips in
12 audio/video) at all.
13 --
14 Daniel Gryniewicz
15 Gentoo AMD64 Team / Gentoo Gnome Herd / AMD64 Operational AT Lead
18 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list