From: Martins Steinbergs <mar@××.lv>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] mysql update to 5.0.25-r1 and amarok-1.4.3-r1
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 19:58:18
1 On Tuesday 21 November 2006 14:40, Paul Stear wrote:
2 > On Tuesday 21 November 2006 08:29, Paul Stear wrote:
3 > > Hello all.
4 > > Yesterday I did my usual update world and noticed that mysql was to be
5 > > upgraded to version 5. I restarted mysql and ran revdep-update which
6 > > rebuilt a few applications including amarok. All went well with no
7 > > errors but when I ran amarok it was obvious that things were not quite
8 > > right. When I fired amarok up it started to rebuild the database (this
9 > > took an age), when it had finished I noticed that all of the score
10 > > information was missing. I played some songs and thought that I would
11 > > check to see if the new scores were saved. So I closed down and
12 > > restarted amarok, when the playlist appeared no scores had been saved and
13 > > amarok was again building the database.
14 > >
15 > > Question.
16 > > Should I have done something after the world upgrades?
17 > > How can I get back all of my score information for all songs?
18 > > Has anybody had this problem, what do I do to solve it?
19 >
20 > Sorry to reply to my own post but I am just so frustrated. I have had
21 > amarok running for 4 hrs now and it keeps updating the database. i.e. as
22 > soon as it has finished updating it starts again. This is with no changed
23 > to the collection except the score as a result of playing. Also on the
24 > sidebar it says "If you would like to see contextual information about this
25 > track, you should add it to your collection"
26 > But it's updated at least 5 times.
27 >
28 > It's almost as if the amarok database in mysql is not getting writen to,
29 > but I don't appear to have any errors.
30 >
31 > Heeeeeeeeeeeeeelp please
32 > Thanks for any replies Paul
33 >
34 > --
35 > This message has been sent using kmail with gentoo linux
38 I had the same problem but with mysql-5.0.26-r1 I dont remember all steps but
39 for some reason i set db master user and password in amarok, not the
40 amarok_db user and password, i have all score back.
43 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list