From: Paul Stear <gentoo@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] mysql update to 5.0.25-r1 and amarok-1.4.3-r1
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 12:41:01
1 On Tuesday 21 November 2006 08:29, Paul Stear wrote:
2 > Hello all.
3 > Yesterday I did my usual update world and noticed that mysql was to be
4 > upgraded to version 5. I restarted mysql and ran revdep-update which
5 > rebuilt a few applications including amarok. All went well with no errors
6 > but when I ran amarok it was obvious that things were not quite right.
7 > When I fired amarok up it started to rebuild the database (this took an
8 > age), when it had finished I noticed that all of the score information was
9 > missing. I played some songs and thought that I would check to see if the
10 > new scores were saved. So I closed down and restarted amarok, when the
11 > playlist appeared no scores had been saved and amarok was again building
12 > the database.
13 >
14 > Question.
15 > Should I have done something after the world upgrades?
16 > How can I get back all of my score information for all songs?
17 > Has anybody had this problem, what do I do to solve it?
18
19 Sorry to reply to my own post but I am just so frustrated. I have had amarok
20 running for 4 hrs now and it keeps updating the database. i.e. as soon as it
21 has finished updating it starts again. This is with no changed to the
22 collection except the score as a result of playing. Also on the sidebar it
23 says "If you would like to see contextual information about this track, you
24 should add it to your collection"
25 But it's updated at least 5 times.
26
27 It's almost as if the amarok database in mysql is not getting writen to, but I
28 don't appear to have any errors.
29
30 Heeeeeeeeeeeeeelp please
31 Thanks for any replies Paul
34 This message has been sent using kmail with gentoo linux
35 --
36 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list