From: Beso <givemesugarr@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] conversion sda to lvm2 questions
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 19:15:22
1 so if i understood right i have to go with /boot and a stripped / on normal
2 disks, with / duplicated to avoid loss of startup.
3 on root i should put /lib32 /lib64 /etc /bin /sbin /root /dev /usr (excluded
4 /usr/src and /usr/local and /usr/portage) /var (i should exclude /var/tmp
5 which contains a lot of stuff due to ccache dir configured there and
6 /var/paludis since there i have the additional repos) then on the lvm
7 volume i should insert everything else. am i right? i wonder what happens to
8 /proc and /sys since they are loaded through fstab and on how much space i
9 should have. do 5gb do the trick?
10 i don't use suspend to disk since the last time i've tried it didn't worked
11 with my notebook and the only suspend i can use is suspend to ram so i don't
12 really need swap. i use it only when i compile some large stuff as kdelibs
13 and similar since my 860+mb of ram do not fill in everyday use.
14 so the only think to do is find a good backup utility that is able to make a
15 copy of the entire system. if i copy the system by hand from a live-cd would
16 that work? if so, what should i avoid to copy?
17