From: Peter Humphrey <prh@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Kernel 2.6.21 problem
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 22:06:28
1 On Sunday 29 April 2007 12:49:07 Hemmann, Volker Armin wrote:
2
3 > ACPI and switching the monitor off are two completly unrelated problems.
4 > ACPI is not evil - and some machines even need ACPI to boot. There is no
5 > reason to not have ACPI in the kernel.
6
7 I find it all somewhat confusing. APM, ACPI, others...
8
9 > And monitor - that is something for your xorg.conf and xset.
10
11 Before I took dpms out of xorg.conf the monitor was being blanked after
12 about five minutes. If kdm was still showing its login screen at that time
13 the machine would lock solid. Having removed dpms the period is now much
14 longer, but I still get a blank screen eventually.
17 Rgds
18 Peter Humphrey
19 Linux Counter 5290, Aug 93
20 --