From: "Hemmann
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Kernel 2.6.21 problem
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 22:47:25
1 On Montag, 30. April 2007, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > On Sunday 29 April 2007 12:49:07 Hemmann, Volker Armin wrote:
3 > > ACPI and switching the monitor off are two completly unrelated problems.
4 > > ACPI is not evil - and some machines even need ACPI to boot. There is no
5 > > reason to not have ACPI in the kernel.
6 >
7 > I find it all somewhat confusing. APM, ACPI, others...
8
9 there are no 'others' and APM is completly obsolete for years. ACPI on the
10 other hand is needed for a lot more than powersaving.
13 > > And monitor - that is something for your xorg.conf and xset.
14 >
15 > Before I took dpms out of xorg.conf the monitor was being blanked after
16 > about five minutes. If kdm was still showing its login screen at that time
17 > the machine would lock solid. Having removed dpms the period is now much
18 > longer, but I still get a blank screen eventually.
19
20 xset is your friend.
21 --
22 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list