From: "יובל האגר" <yuval@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Quick Portage How to
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 09:01:38
1 > I also use "epm" (rpm-like interface) and something like epm -q
2 > gentoo-sources (or rpm -qa | grep sources if you want all things containing
3 > sources). Would someone tell me what's better with eix ?
4 >
5 > I would assume it's a faster search algorithm than epm but then again, do I
6 > have to rerun the update db of eix on each database update or it installs
7 > in the portage modules or something to do it automatically ?
10 I don't know about epm, but it's much faster (and better IMHO) than equery et.
11 al.
12
13 you can use 'eix-sync' which takes care of syncing your tree AND update the
14 eix database.
17 Yuval Hager
18 --
19 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list