From: Dizzy <dizzy@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Quick Portage How to
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 08:47:03
1 On Wednesday 21 March 2007 21:02, Mark Haney wrote:
2 > Mark Knecht wrote:
3 > > ??
4 > >
5 > > eix -I gentoo-sources
6 > >
7 > > ??
8 > >
9 > > On 3/21/07, Mark Haney <mhaney@××××××××××××.org> wrote:
10 > >> Is there a way I can get portage to show me all the listed kernel
11 > >> sources I've installed? When I've removed kernel sources I no longer
12 > >> need because of upgrades I've just rm -rf the kernel directory. Since
13 > >> I've done that, I've realized that portage is probably keeping that in
14 > >> in world as installed and I would like to keep the portage db as clean
15 > >> as possible.
16 > >>
17 > >> Does that make sense?
18 > >>
19 > >> --
20 > >> Ita erat quando hic adveni.
21 > >>
22 > >> Mark Haney
23 > >> Sr. Systems Administrator
24 > >> ERC Broadband
25 > >> (828) 350-2415
26 > >> --
27 > >> gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list
28 >
29 > I have never heard of eix, but I"ll give it a shot and see.
30
31 I also use "epm" (rpm-like interface) and something like epm -q gentoo-sources
32 (or rpm -qa | grep sources if you want all things containing sources). Would
33 someone tell me what's better with eix ?
34
35 I would assume it's a faster search algorithm than epm but then again, do I
36 have to rerun the update db of eix on each database update or it installs in
37 the portage modules or something to do it automatically ?
40 Mihai RUSU Email: dizzy@×××××.net
41 GPG : http://dizzy.roedu.net/dizzy-gpg.txt WWW: http://dizzy.roedu.net
42 "Linux is obsolete" -- AST
43 --