From: Frank Peters <frank.peters@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Updating An Unconnected Machine
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 04:03:43
1 On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 13:09:59 -0600
2 Dmitri Pogosyan <pogosyan@×××××××××××××.ca> wrote:
3
4 > you can copy portage and distro files from connected machine (i.e it
5 > will just serve as your local mirror), but you need to run emerge -Du
6 > world on the unconnected machine, since it has different CFLAGS
9 Yes, it is my intention to run "emerge -Du world" on the
10 unconnected machine.
11
12 I suppose my actual question is whether or not "emerge --sync"
13 updates anything else other than the ebuilds and other associated
14 files of the portage directory, and I suppose that it does not.
15
16 So copying the updated portage tree (updated via "emerge --sync")
17 and copying the distribution files (acquired via "emerge -Du world")
18 from the connected to the unconnected machine will allow an update
19 by running "emerge -Du world" on the unconnected machine.
20
21 I thought that I may be missing some details somewhere and that's why
22 I raised the question on this list.
23
24 Frank Peters