From: William Tetrault <xcourse97@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] inclusion of mount (linux-utils)
Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 00:22:40
1 On Saturday 20 May 2006 13:30, Rakotomandimby Mihamina wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 > I was just installing gentoo 2006 on my amd64, and when rebooting,
4 > "mount" was not found.
5 > May be I misused the system?
6 > I followed the x86 quick install guide, but just replaced the right
7 > things with amd64.
8 > I dont understand why such a usefull utility as "mount" is not default,
9 > and is not mentionned not to be installed by default on the guide...
10 "mount" is indeed default; it is part of sys-apps/util-linux
11 > Then, I have the useradd utility, but not the groupadd one.
12 > I guess it is also in another ebuild, which one please?
13 "groupadd" is part of the same software pkg as "useradd", e.g.
14 sys-apps/shadow. Check /usr/portage/distfiles for those packages (shadow and
15 util-linux).
16 >
17 > PS: should have I enabled "~amd64"?
18 Wouldn't have changed a thing. Evidently groupadd and mount somehow got lost.
19 Try re-emerging util-linux and shadow.
20
21 Luck!
22 --
23 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list