From: Homer Parker <hparker@g.o>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] long boot time with network cable
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 15:15:41
1 On Sun, 2006-08-27 at 23:09 -0500, Chris Forsyth wrote:
2 > Hey everyone
3 > I'm hoping there is an easy fix for this. Almost done with the
4 > install on my notebook (X-server and KDE left) but during boot if I
5 > don't have a my network cable plugged in it takes forever. Is there
6 > anyway to break the DHCP request during boot? I rather not use a static
7 > IP address.
8
9 In /etc/conf.d/net, alter your configuration to look like:
10
11 iface_eth0="dhcp"
12 dhcpcd_eth0="-t 5"
13
14 That will have it time out after 5 seconds. /etc/conf.d/net.example is
15 a good read ;)
18 Homer Parker <hparker@g.o>
21 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list