From: Beso <givemesugarr@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] emerge world: 289 reinstalls, revdep-rebuild also fails
Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 11:41:20
1 2009/5/24 Hans Schou <hans.schou@×××××.com>
2
3 > Hi
4 >
5 > When I do a 'emerge -a world' emerge want to rebuild a lot of packages:
6 >
7 > Total: 293 packages (3 new, 1 in new slot, 289 reinstalls), Size of
8 > downloads: 0 kB
9 > Portage tree and overlays:
10 > [0] /usr/portage
11 > [?] indicates that the source repository could not be determined
12 >
13 > If I just do it it takes a lot of time and there is a package broken
14 > (smpeg, which is not installed).
15 >
16 > revdep-rebuild fails to resolve package order and try to build
17 > apr-util-0.9.12, although I have version apr-util-1.3.4 installed.
18 >
19 > Can anyone give a hint on where I should start solve the problems?
20 >
21 > I don't think my failure can be seen in 'emerge --info', but anyway it
22 > is here http://w0.dk/~chlor/tmp/emerge-info.2009-05-24.text<http://w0.dk/%7Echlor/tmp/emerge-info.2009-05-24.text>
23 >
24 > /hans
25 >
26 > from your ammount of rebuild packages i think that you're changed something
27 in the base system packages.
28 first of all you should add -Wl,--as-needed to your ldflags and try again a
29 revdep rebuild and remove -Wl,-O1 (that would override the O2 in your cflags
30 when using ld). the --as-needed would strip out the need to rebuild this
31 huge ammount of packages when unnecessary because of the pacakges not being
32 really directly dependant on the library that triggered the rebuild. then
33 you should check your world file to see if you have the packages that you
34 really expect to be there and not other ones and then you should try out a
35 revdep-rebuild. this should fix out your issues.
39 dott. ing. beso