From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: persistent-net.rules
Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2007 11:34:17
1 Bernhard Auzinger <e0026053@×××××××××××××××××.at> posted
2 200703041215.43076.e0026053@×××××××××××××××××.at, excerpted below, on
3 Sun, 04 Mar 2007 12:15:42 +0100:
4
5 > The funny thing is, that no matter which mac address I apply to the
6 > interface with macchanger, the mac address which will be written to the
7 > udev rules at shutdown is always the one randomly generated by the
8 > kernel and not the one I apply to it.
9
10 Well, at least that explains why it isn't affecting me. If it's ignoring
11 the macchanger set MAC, my setup wouldn't be affected.
12
13 Hopefully Barry's BIOS suggestion helps. If not, yet another suggestion
14 would be to find what's doing the write at shutdown and either directly
15 edit it or create a script that runs after it that rewrites or removes
16 the problem file.
17
18 Right now, I'm frustrated with you. =8^( Hope you get it working,
19 however you do it!
24 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
27 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list