From: Harry Holt <harryholt@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] k3b and FLAC images
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 18:21:50
1 On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 2:07 PM, Richard Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
2
3 > Mark Haney wrote:
6 > > I should be able to burn those flac files right? It could be the CUE
7 > > files aren't right, but I'm not sure how I would verify that.
11 > Perhaps I'm just demonstrating ignorance here, but flac isn't an image
12 > format - it is a sound recording format. If you wanted to burn a flac to a
13 > CD you'd need to create an audio CD and turn the flac file into a track. I
14 > don't know that you could do anything with a cue file.
15 >
16 > If you're trying to burn the image using the burn-image menu option I
17 > don't think that would work.
18 >
19 > However, I've never attempted to burn flac files using k3b, so maybe it is
20 > supposed to just automagically work.
23 I have, and it does. You're right about the CUE file, though, I don't think
24 k3b will do anything with it. I just create an audio CD and drop the flac
25 files in - never had a problem. If you want CD Text and stuff, it will try
26 to pick it up from CDDB (if you have that enabled), or you have to type it
27 in yourself.
28
29 ... HH
32 > --