From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Problem with USB-Keyboard at Install
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2009 15:18:18
1 Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> posted
2 5bdc1c8b0908030725l402032d6l28d3869ee3f059b6@××××××××××.com, excerpted
3 below, on Mon, 03 Aug 2009 07:25:02 -0700:
4
5 > On Sun, Aug 2, 2009 at 9:59 PM, Lance
6 > Lassetter<lancelassetter@×××××.com> wrote: <SNIP>
7 >>
8 >> Have you tried enabling evdev in make.conf under INPUT_DEVICES?
9 >>
10 >> i.e. in make.conf:
11 >>
12 >> INPUT_DEVICES="keyboard mouse evdev"
13 >>
14 > ???
15 >
16 > How could he do this when he's trying to boot from an install CD?
17
18 Hmm, mount the ISO using loopback, make the change, umount, burn?
19
20 (He did say he got around it using SuSE instead of a Gentoo LiveCD, which
21 is what I did back in 2004 with Mandrake, as well. But I thought the
22 question was still interesting enough to answer. Just because it's an
23 ISO doesn't mean it can't be changed. =;^)
28 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman