From: Javi Moreno <vierito5@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] [OT] GIMP and PNG files
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 14:04:16
1 On 10/10/07, Mark Haney <mhaney@××××××××××××.org> wrote:
2 >
3 > Bob Slawson wrote:
4 > > Mark Haney wrote:
5 > >> I know this is offtopic, but I'm hoping someone will take pity on me
6 > >> and throw me a bone here. I am trying to use GIMP to edit some PNG
7 > >> files, but it won't open them. I can't find a plugin or filter for
8 > >> PNG files.
9 > >>
10 > >> Now, I'm no graphic designer, but I can manage a few kindergarten
11 > >> things with GIMP, so I'm confused. Can someone tell me how to open
12 > >> PNG's in GIMP?
13 > >>
14 > >
15 > > Did you emerge gimp with the 'png' use flag set?
16 > >
17 > > BobS
18 >
19 > Yeah that did it. It's weird though, I'm almost certain I could open
20 > PNGs with GIMP before. Oh well.
23 Maybe before the 2007.1 profile when the profile included that USE by
24 default.
27 > Recedite, plebes! Gero rem imperialem!
30 > Mark Haney
31 > Sr. Systems Administrator
32 > ERC Broadband
33 > (828) 350-2415
34 >
35 > Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support
36 > --
37 > gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list