From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: cupsd wont start on boot.
Date: Sun, 06 Aug 2006 15:48:59
1 On Saturday 05 August 2006 07:50, Duncan wrote:
2 > If it's the exact same line both places, one works, the other doesn't,
3 > it's almost certainly due to the difference in environment. The
4 > environment passed to the one started from initscript will be rather more
5 > limited than a fully interactive bash prompt environment.
6 >
7 > I'd suggest you put a debug statement in the initscript, right before the
8 > command executes, that prints the environment to one file and the exported
9 > environment to another. Diff those against the same output from the
10 > command line that works right, and you'll have a good start on tracking
11 > down the culprit, since you'll have all the differences nicely listed, in
12 > ordered to check.
13
14 Additionally many init scripts use start-stop-daemon with the --quiet command
15 line option. This suppresses all output from the command used. In this case
16 we would like to see this output so remove "--quiet" from the init script.
17
18 Paul
21 Paul de Vrieze
22 Gentoo Developer