From: Frank Peters <frank.peters@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Change Install Prefix
Date: Mon, 04 May 2009 08:46:37
1 On Sun, 3 May 2009 15:02:41 +0200
2 YoYo siska <yoyo@××××××.sk> wrote:
5 > For packages that use autotools or a similar ./configure script which
6 > accepts --prefix (and the ebuild uses their make install and does not
7 > copy files itself...), you can always try:
8 >
9 > EXTRA_ECONF="--prefix=/opt/..." emerge package...
10 >
11 > though I never tried that, and I don't know where exactly on the
12 > ./configure line it ends and how configure scripts handle conflicting
13 > options, because portage adds its own options for the paths...
14 > Also my guess is that portage sets the more specific options like
15 > --exec-prefix, --bindir, ... so you might have to set them directly...
18 The EXTRA_ECONF variable was one of the first things I tried. It
19 doesn't work. No matter how it is set, the install prefix is still /usr.
20
21 As described in the ebuild man page, EXTRA_ECONF comes immediately
22 after the directory options and before the rest of the configure options.
23 I can't see any good purpose for it that the ordinary USE flags cannot
24 address.
25
26 The best method to solve this problem is probably a custom ebuild and
27 overlay.
28
29 But I've already written a script, as described in an earlier post,
30 to process and relocate binary packages that are built by emerge.
31 This script will work for most, but not all packages. But I know
32 which ones can easily be moved and which ones can't.
33
34 Frank Peters