From: YoYo siska <yoyo@××××××.sk>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Change Install Prefix
Date: Sun, 03 May 2009 21:56:08
1 On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 03:07:41PM -0400, Frank Peters wrote:
2 > Is there a way, aside from writing a custom ebuild script, of changing
3 > the install prefix for a package? What I want to do is install some
4 > packages under /usr/local or /opt rather than the default of /usr.
5 > Unless I am mistaken, there does not seem to be a way of doing this
6 > with either portage variables or with portage profiles.
7 >
8 > Using the ROOT variable is not feasible because the resulting
9 > emerge will create an independent tree of packages. I just want
10 > to shift some packages out of /usr without losing any dependency
11 > or linking information.
12
13 For packages that use autotools or a similar ./configure script which
14 accepts --prefix (and the ebuild uses their make install and does not
15 copy files itself...), you can always try:
16
17 EXTRA_ECONF="--prefix=/opt/..." emerge package...
18
19 though I never tried that, and I don't know where exactly on the
20 ./configure line it ends and how configure scripts handle conflicting
21 options, because portage adds its own options for the paths...
22 Also my guess is that portage sets the more specific options like
23 --exec-prefix, --bindir, ... so you might have to set them directly...
24
25 yoyo