From: Mike Williams <mike@××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] How to install to a RAID set?
Date: Sat, 06 May 2006 20:56:13
1 On Saturday 06 May 2006 21:47, Neil Stone wrote:
2 > Now here is a thing, is it possible to build gentoo form the ground up
3 > on a software RAID config.. i am pondering purchasing a gentoo server,
4 > but i figure theres no point is it won't play from the word go.
5
6 Yes.
7 If you're going for a simple mirror, then you can convert from a single disk
8 easily.
9
10 > I want to use software raid 1 and LVM together, is this doable ? anyone
11 > have pointers or a website for me to look on ?
12
13 Yes.
14 Software raid makes block devices. LVM works on block devices.
17 Mike Williams
18 --
19 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list