From: Drake Donahue <donahue95@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Bug in Cooledit-3.17.17 - Patch Included
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 02:53:27
1 On Sat, 2009-04-25 at 22:23 -0400, Frank Peters wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > I am not sure if this list is the appropriate place to file a bug
5 > report, but the problem does need confirmation before I go through
6 > bugzilla.
7 >
8 > After building a working amd64 system using the latest portage tree,
9 > I emerged my favorite text editor, cooledit, version 3.17.17 To my
10 > surprise, any cut/copy/paste operation immediately caused a crash.
11 > Fortunately, the error messages were quite informative and allowed me
12 > to quickly find the cause. A call to "open" in the file widget/editcmd.c
13 > of the cooledit source does not include the mode parameter. Somehow,
14 > with the latest libraries, this missing parameter causes the crash.
15 > The attached patch file, missing_mode.patch, will fix the problem.
16 >
17 > Apply with: patch -p1 < missing_mode.patch. The gentoo sources
18 > include a few other patches as well that are also necessary,
19 > especially the gcc4 patch.
20 >
21 > But, as I mentioned, it would be beneficial if this problem could
22 > be confirmed. Cooledit is not the most popular text editor but
23 > maybe someone also uses it or is willing to test it.
24 >
25 > If someone can confirmn this, then I can file a bugreport with
26 > gentoo bugzilla.
27 >
28 > Frank Peters
29
30 more problems than that:
31 oddman ~ # cooledit
32 cooledit: display :0.0 cannot load font
33 -*-fixed-bold-r-*--13-120-*-*-*-80-*
34 as a font set - trying raw load.
35 cooledit: display :0.0 cannot load font
36 -*-fixed-bold-r-*--13-120-*-*-*-80-*
37
38 And crashed.
39
40 And did not get picked up in gnome apps office