From: William Tetrault <xcourse97@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Installing AMD64 Gentoo on another system!
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 00:34:51
1 On Tuesday 16 May 2006 05:24, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 >
3 > My recent forays into RAID have made me wonder about upgrading my
4 > motherboard, since AFAIK I can't fit a hardware RAID card to it and it's
5 > 2.5 years old. It's an MSI K8T Master2 FAR. I think you may have a
6 > recommendation for me as to a board for my two Opteron 246s and 4 GB RAM in
7 > four sticks :-)
8
9 I'll echo Duncan's testimonial for Tyan's S2885 board - it has four PCI-X
10 slots, all are 64-bit, two support up to 133MHz and the other two support up
11 to 100MHz, one 32-bit PCI slot, onboard sound if you're not an audiophile,
12 the AGP slot accommodates AGP-Pro cards, onboard SATA is the SiI 3114 chip,
13 there are two IDE busses. It's fairly ideal for you since you are content
14 with your Quadro FX500 AGP card. I've been running mine almost 24/7 since I
15 purchased it in March '04; it is ROCK SOLID!
16
17 Bill Tetrault
18 Madison, WI
19 --