From: Peter Humphrey <prh@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Installing AMD64 Gentoo on another system!
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 10:30:39
1 On Saturday 13 May 2006 19:56, Duncan wrote:
2
3 > Now, if you were asking about a Tyan s2885, I'd have a bit more to say.
4
5 My recent forays into RAID have made me wonder about upgrading my
6 motherboard, since AFAIK I can't fit a hardware RAID card to it and it's
7 2.5 years old. It's an MSI K8T Master2 FAR. I think you may have a
8 recommendation for me as to a board for my two Opteron 246s and 4 GB RAM in
9 four sticks :-) I don't really want to swap the graphics card though,
10 which is an AGP nVidia Quadro FX500 and quite up to my needs, so I suppose
11 PCI-X is out, no?
12
13 Would this be better off-list?
16 Rgds