From: Tres Melton <tres@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Yahoo news video
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 21:47:11
1 On Fri, 2005-09-09 at 11:24 -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 > On the following link
4 >
5 > http://news.yahoo.com/fc/world/hurricanes_and_tropical_storms
6 >
7 > Just below the main story on the upper right there is a link for some
8 > video. I am unable to play this video so far on my AMD64 machine. I
9 > haven't got access immediately to try one of my 32-bit machines to
10 > compare.
11 >
12 > Does this work for anyone else? If so how did you manage to do it?
13 > I've emerged firefox-bin, realplayer 10.5, mplayer and lots of Java
14 > stuff. When I trace out the links it says it needs Realplayer Ver. 7.
15 >
16 > I know in the past there have been many issues with Yahoo not
17 > accepting Linux. Is that the root cause here?
18 >
19 > Thanks,
20 > Mark
21
22 You can use a 32 bit chroot jail or the instructions to build a 32 bit
23 mplayer here: http://sh.nu/download/ebuilds/mplayer/ . Basically you
24 need to use win32codecs and they are only 32 bits so must be linked
25 against a 32 bit binary.
26
27 Regards,
28 --