From: Kyle Liddell <kyle@××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] OpenGL trouble (?)
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 21:01:29
1 On Sun, Feb 19, 2006 at 06:20:58PM +0100, Thierry de Coulon wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > I had some problems installing the nvidia driver - I have a 6600GT card and
5 > the driver that emerge would installed was apparently too old.
6 > So I backed up everything at tried the "officiel" Nvidia driver, and it
7 > works... mostly
8
9 I think (in general) the "stable" nvidia drivers in portage are useless, so even if you're not using ~amd64, you should at least have the "unstable" nvidia drivers, as they are way more stable than the "stable" ones.
12 Kyle Liddell
13 --
14 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list