From: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin@×××××××.us>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Layman overlays site down?
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 14:39:21
1 On Fri, Jul 20, 2007 at 10:18:37AM +0100, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > > svn co http://overlays.gentoo.org/svn/proj/vmware/trunk vmware-overlay
3 >
4 > That's the step that's failing. On further checking, I find that I have to set
5 > the client's destination port in ~/.subversion/servers, presumably for both
6 > me and root. Apparently svn doesn't use the transport protocol reserved for
7 > it in /etc/services, nor does the Gentoo version create an /etc/subversion
8 > directory for global settings.
9
10 http:// URLs should run over port 80 unless specified otherwise.
11
12 If the server is using a different port, you should include that in the
13 URL.
14
15 Dustin
16 --