From: Peter Humphrey <prh@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Layman overlays site down?
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 08:57:56
1 On Friday 20 July 2007 15:37, Dustin J. Mitchell wrote:
2 > On Fri, Jul 20, 2007 at 10:18:37AM +0100, Peter Humphrey wrote:
3 > > > svn co http://overlays.gentoo.org/svn/proj/vmware/trunk vmware-overlay
4 > >
5 > > That's the step that's failing. On further checking, I find that I have
6 > > to set the client's destination port in ~/.subversion/servers, presumably
7 > > for both me and root. Apparently svn doesn't use the transport protocol
8 > > reserved for it in /etc/services, nor does the Gentoo version create an
9 > > /etc/subversion directory for global settings.
10 >
11 > http:// URLs should run over port 80 unless specified otherwise.
12 >
13 > If the server is using a different port, you should include that in the
14 > URL.
15
16 You're right, of course. Strange how the obvious can stare one in the face and
17 still not be seen. Now all I have to complain about is the way svn keeps its
18 config data: why client data in server files, why no /etc/subversion
19 directory. On second thoughts, I have bigger things to worry about.
22 Rgds
23 Peter.
24 Linux Counter 5290, Aug 93
25 --