From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: "Conway S. Smith" <beolach@×××××××.net>
Cc: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: No audio from web broadcasts
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 18:22:34
1 On 10/23/06, Conway S. Smith <beolach@×××××××.net> wrote:
2 <SNIP>
3 > Yeah, it's using Flash. It played for me, both video &
4 > audio, just fine, using mozilla-firefox-bin-1.5.0.7,
5 > mozilla-launcher-1.52-r1 w/ USE flag aoss, and netscape-flash-7.0.68.
6 > The things I'd check would be mixer settings, for both ALSA (alsamixer)
7 > and OSS (rexima, aumix, etc.). Also, make sure mozilla-launcher has
8 > the aoss USE flag, which will make it use the aoss wrapper script for
9 > ALSA's OSS compatibility. Are you using the Flash9 beta, by any chance?
10 > I doubt it would affect your audio, but if nothing else helps it would
11 > be something else to check.
14 > Good luck,
15 > Conway S. Smith
18 Conway,
19 Thanks. I unmasked and emerged mozilla-launcher to get the same
20 version you had. The one I was using didn't have the aoss flag. That
21 by itself didn't fix it. After playing with alsamixer and still not
22 getting any audio I emerged aumix. Once I started aumix I immediately
23 got audio, so I'm up and working with your help.
24
25 I'll have to see if running aumix is required after logins/reboots,
26 etc., but at least it's working.
27
28 Thanks!
29