From: "Conway S. Smith" <beolach@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Cc: markknecht@×××××.com
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: No audio from web broadcasts
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 16:54:11
1 On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 06:59:12 -0700
2 "Mark Knecht" <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > On 10/23/06, Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
4 > > Hi,
5 > > One my AMD64 machine I've started having trouble with audio from
6 > > different investment sites. Here is one where the presentation runs
7 > > but I get no audio.
8 > >
9 > > http://www.redoption.com/shadow_video.php
10 > >
11 > > Anyone else manage to get the audio? If so maybe we could compare
12 > > differences in setups.
13 > >
14 > > This does, of course, work on my Windows box so I can watch there
15 > > for now. I'm suspecting that they updating something on the
16 > > transmission end and now Linux is behind again.
19 > Probably should have mentioned that I'm using firefox-bin:
20 >
21 > lightning ~ # emerge -pv mozilla-firefox-bin
22 >
23 > These are the packages that would be merged, in order:
24 >
25 > Calculating dependencies... done!
26 > [ebuild R ] www-client/mozilla-firefox-bin-1.5.0.7 LINGUAS="-ar
27 > -ca -cs -da -de -el -en_GB -es -es_AR -es_ES -fi -fr -ga -ga_IE -he
28 > -hu -it -ja -ko -mk -nb -nb_NO -nl -pl -pt_BR -ro -ru -sk -sl -sv
29 > -sv_SE -tr -zh_CN -zh_TW" 0 kB
30 >
31 > Total size of downloads: 0 kB
32 > lightning ~ #
35 > When the video is running I do not see any additional processes
36 > getting started. Not sure what technology is delivering this stuff.
37 > Flash? Something else?
40 Yeah, it's using Flash. It played for me, both video &
41 audio, just fine, using mozilla-firefox-bin-1.5.0.7,
42 mozilla-launcher-1.52-r1 w/ USE flag aoss, and netscape-flash-7.0.68.
43 The things I'd check would be mixer settings, for both ALSA (alsamixer)
44 and OSS (rexima, aumix, etc.). Also, make sure mozilla-launcher has
45 the aoss USE flag, which will make it use the aoss wrapper script for
46 ALSA's OSS compatibility. Are you using the Flash9 beta, by any chance?
47 I doubt it would affect your audio, but if nothing else helps it would
48 be something else to check.
51 Good luck,
52 Conway S. Smith