From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: No audio from web broadcasts
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 14:04:20
1 On 10/23/06, Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 > One my AMD64 machine I've started having trouble with audio from
4 > different investment sites. Here is one where the presentation runs
5 > but I get no audio.
6 >
7 > http://www.redoption.com/shadow_video.php
8 >
9 > Anyone else manage to get the audio? If so maybe we could compare
10 > differences in setups.
11 >
12 > This does, of course, work on my Windows box so I can watch there
13 > for now. I'm suspecting that they updating something on the
14 > transmission end and now Linux is behind again.
15 >
16 > Thanks,
17 > Mark
20 Probably should have mentioned that I'm using firefox-bin:
21
22 lightning ~ # emerge -pv mozilla-firefox-bin
23
24 These are the packages that would be merged, in order:
25
26 Calculating dependencies... done!
27 [ebuild R ] www-client/mozilla-firefox-bin-1.5.0.7 LINGUAS="-ar
28 -ca -cs -da -de -el -en_GB -es -es_AR -es_ES -fi -fr -ga -ga_IE -he
29 -hu -it -ja -ko -mk -nb -nb_NO -nl -pl -pt_BR -ro -ru -sk -sl -sv
30 -sv_SE -tr -zh_CN -zh_TW" 0 kB
31
32 Total size of downloads: 0 kB
33 lightning ~ #
36 When the video is running I do not see any additional processes
37 getting started. Not sure what technology is delivering this stuff.
38 Flash? Something else?
39
40 Thanks,
41 Mark