From: Guido Doornberg <guidodoornberg@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] fsck seems to screw up my harddisk
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 15:42:02
1 So, here I am again,
2
3 now without the samsung drive, but this time (same system), with a
4 software RAID-1, on 2 Western Digital Caviar Disks, working with ext2
5 on the boot-, and reiserfs on the rootpartition.
6
7 Anyway, every time the system shuts down, the last things my pc tells me are:
8
9 * Unmounting filesystems ... [ ok ]
10 * Shutting down RAID devices (mdadm) ...
11 md: md1 stopped.
12 md: unbind<sdb1>
13 md: export_rdev(sdb1)
14 md: unbind<sda1>
15 md: export_rdev(sda1)
16 md: md2 stopped.
17 md: unbind<sdb2>
18 md: export_rdev(sdb2)
19 md: unbind<sda2>
20 md: export_rdev(sda2)
21 md: md3 still in use.
22 md: md3 still in use.
23 md: md3 still in use.
24 mdadm: stopped /dev/md1
25 mdadm: stopped /dev/md2
26 mdadm: fail to stop array /dev/md3: Device or resource busy [ !! ]
27 * Remounting remaining filesystems readonly ... [ ok ]
28 md: stopping all md devices.
29 md: md3 still in use.
30 Synchronizing SCSI cache for disk sdb:
31 Synchronizing SCSI cache for disk sda:
32 System halted.
33
34 So, my question is quite simple i guess; Is it normal that my array
35 (/dev/md3) doesn't like to be stopped? And if it isn't, how can I make
36 it stop?
37
38 btw, if you think I should post this kind of questions somewhere else,
39 I'd be happy to hear so...
40
41 thanks
42 --