From: "Tóth Csaba" <tsabi@×××××.hu>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] amd64 install in chroot?
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 12:59:37
1 Hi!
2
3 I would like to ask a little help.
4 I have a server, some day ago i changed the motherboard on it. The old
5 was a 32 bit system, but the new is a 64 bit system (amd64).
6 Last time when i change from a RedHat to gentoo i make my gentoo install
7 in a simple chroot into a fresh partition on the disk, and to boot the
8 new system i just should make a line in the grub.conf to it. But now can
9 i do this? Or i must get a new harddisk, an another motherboard, install
10 there a 64 bit system, than shutdown the old one, and boot the new from
11 the other disk? Or i can make a hot install?
12
13 ty for helping
14 tsabi