From: Stratos Psomadakis <el05007@×××××××××.gr>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Wine on AMD64?
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 18:45:51
1 O/H Mark Knecht έγραψε:
2 > Hi,
3 > I got interested in looking at Wine again this week. Netflix has
4 > changed their over the net policies for watching movies, changing it
5 > for a specific number of hours per month to an unlimited service. I
6 > haven't used the service much in the past (watched maybe 40 hours over
7 > the last year) because it required me to both go into Windows AND use
8 > Internet Explorer instead of Firefox. With an unlimited watching
9 > policy it now becomes far more interesting to me if it could work in
10 > Linux.
11 >
12 > With a lot of forum threads about how much better Wine has gotten
13 > on games I thought I'd give it a try. I emerged the newest stable
14 > version of Wine, downloaded Internet Explorer 7.0 and tried to get it
15 > started. The immediate result was Wine failed to install IE7. I looked
16 > around the WineHQ site but didn't find much specific on Wine in a
17 > 64-bit environment so I'm wondering if many people here are using it
18 > that way and what the tricks are these days to actually getting
19 > something to work AND work well?
20 >
21 > Even if IE7 works then I'll have to see if the NetFlix integrated
22 > player works. I suspect it won't but I'm taking this one step at a
23 > time.
24 >
25 > Thanks,
26 > Mark
27 >
28 i use wine on amd64, without any major problems...
29 i use it for playing some old games i have,without having to switch to
30 windoze...
31
32 guitar pro 5 also plays well...
33
34 if anything goes wrong, i check the appdb in winehq.org...
35 usually there are guides and howtos to work around the problem...