From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volker.armin.hemmann@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: 965 chipset and 2 DIMM slots will never give 4GB available? Is that correct?
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 20:53:54
1 On Freitag, 19. Oktober 2007, Duncan wrote:
2 > Evert <evert@×××××××.info> posted bifmu4-nhd.ln1@×××××××.info, excerpted
3 >
4 > below, on Fri, 19 Oct 2007 13:04:11 +0200:
5 > > Thank you for putting the whole problem in cleartext. I have forwarded
6 > > your text to AOpen, hoping that even they understand it... ;-) (I
7 > > understood the problem already, but it's not easy to get AOpen to see
8 > > this/my point of view on the issue...)
9 >
10 > Hopefully they can be made to see it. then. =8^)
11 >
12 > FWIW, while they /are/ somewhat more expensive (being targeted at
13 > servers), I've been /very/ happy with Tyan.
14
15 well, you were lucky. Just got to a lkml archive of your choice and search for
16 tyan. A lot of people had data-corruption problems with Tyan boards.
17
18 Sadly, today even the expensive stuff is crap (as I learnt the hard way some
19 weeks ago. Two dead mobos and a enermax psu that killed them).
20 --
21 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list