From: Mark Haney <mhaney@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] ATi driver
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 17:07:50
1 On Friday 18 August 2006 12:53, Martin Bergstrand wrote:
2 > I had the same problem after _finally_ getting the drivers to work on
3 > the same XPress chipset.
4 > Though I was using my old kde settings, once I renamed the .kde
5 > directory for my user and
6 > logged in again it worked perfectly.
7 > Also, make sure you're not trying to load the composite extension.
8 >
9 > Also I just noticed that I have Option "omit xfree86-dga"
10 > set in my config, you may want to try that.
11 >
12 I do not see any composite option in my config file, what does that refer to
13 exactly?
14
15 Also, my config is set for 'omit xfree86-dga' like yours is. I haven't tried
16 renaming the .kde directory yet, but I"ll give it a go and see how it works.
20 Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt.
21
22 Mark Haney
23 Sr. Systems Administrator
24 ERC Broadband