From: scwang@××××××.cn
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Java Firefox plugins
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 02:19:30
1 > On Fri, 13 Jul 2007 15:44:12 +0100
2 > Peter Humphrey <prh@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
3 >> Any ideas on why I get (-nsplugin) on all these? I have USE=nsplugin
4 >> in /etc/make.conf, but it's being overridden. What's doing that? Have I
5 >> inadvertently got no-multilib somehow? I've followed the java upgrade
6 >> guide
7 >> and its friends, but they shed no light on this one.
8 >>
9 > They are (-nsplugin) because they're masked on amd64, for the 32bit
10 > browser plugin use emul-linux-x86-java. Blackdown had a 64bit plugin,
11 > it still exists, but is masked too because of security issues.
14 I think that emul-linux-x86-java doesn't work with 64-bit
15 firefox browser. It just works with mozilla-firefox-bin, which
16 is 32-bit.
17
18 Reference:
19 http://www.gentoo.org/news/zh_cn/gwn/20070521-newsletter.xml