From: Peter Humphrey <prh@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Anybody else having problems with audio/vidio apps and glibc-2.5?
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 08:25:39
1 On Tuesday 24 October 2006 17:25, Richard Fish wrote:
2
3 > By default dar uses an arbitrary-precision integer implementation to
4 > handle archives of basically any size. But it takes more memory and
5 > CPU cycles to use, so you can compile dar with dar32 or dar64 to use
6 > 32-bit or 64-bit integers in place of the infinint. If you use dar32,
7 > you cannot create or restore from any archive larger than 4G, or
8 > backup files larger than 4G, etc.
9
10 I see - thanks!
11
12 > I personally use dar64, as that *easily* handles all my data.
13
14 I'll do the same. I'm not sure yet whether I'll switch from tar yet, but
15 I'll give dar a try. Thanks for the info.
18 Rgds
19 Peter
20 --
21 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list