From: Barry Schwartz <chemoelectric@×××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Boycott Systemd
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2014 19:54:38
1 Frank Peters <frank.peters@×××××××.net> skribis:
2 > Regarding the booting and configuring of a Linux system, the job can be
3 > either very complex or very simple. For the simple case, is there
4 > technical merit in having to use systemd? I would claim that there
5 > is not. For complex scenarios, by all means utilize systemd.
6 > But let's keep the appropriate tools available for the appropriate job.
7
8 Yeah, I think people may not be getting my point. For instance, my
9 complaint is not that systemd exists, but, for instance, that someone
10 thought it a good idea to integrate udev and systemd, rather than make
11 the effort to keep them distinct.