From: Cermelo Woodgett <cwoodgett@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] laptop just shuts completely off when compiling
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 19:34:50
1 On 12/3/06, Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > On 12/3/06, Cermelo Woodgett <cwoodgett@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > > Hi,
4 > >
5 > > Whenever I emerge something my laptop just shuts completely off with no
6 > > warning. I have a HP L2000 with Turion64, 512 MB of RAM. I'm running
7 > > 2006.1, AMD64. Has anyone else had any related issues. I'm thinking it
8 > > has something to do with overheating but I'm not sure.
9 >
10 > If you enable the k8temp driver, you should be able to monitor the CPU
11 > temperature with "cat /sys/bus/pci/drivers/k8temp/0000*/temp*_input".
12 > Of course, I am assuming that the turion64 chips work similarly to
13 > atlhon x2s.
14 >
15 > -Richard
16 > --
17 > gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list
20 Thanks, I'll give that a try. I think I had difficulty installing
21 Ktemp before but I haven't tried it in a while.
22
23 Mel
24 --
25 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list