From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] laptop just shuts completely off when compiling
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 05:29:21
1 On 12/3/06, Cermelo Woodgett <cwoodgett@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > Whenever I emerge something my laptop just shuts completely off with no
5 > warning. I have a HP L2000 with Turion64, 512 MB of RAM. I'm running
6 > 2006.1, AMD64. Has anyone else had any related issues. I'm thinking it
7 > has something to do with overheating but I'm not sure.
8
9 If you enable the k8temp driver, you should be able to monitor the CPU
10 temperature with "cat /sys/bus/pci/drivers/k8temp/0000*/temp*_input".
11 Of course, I am assuming that the turion64 chips work similarly to
12 atlhon x2s.
13
14 -Richard
15 --